STEM Leadership Attends The NJ TSA Leadership Conference

On Tuesday, November 21, 2023. The officers of the Winslow Township High School STEM (Science Technology Engineering and Math) Club along with advisor Gregory Safko, went to the NJ TSA (Technology Student Association) Leadership Conference at TCNJ (The College of New Jersey), where they got to meet with other officers throughout the state
Stem Club NJ TSA Conference
Stem Club NJ TSA Conference
Stefan W. Peele II

The students who attended are Giovanni Vera (President) Dwaun Collier (Vice president), Rebekah Cox (Treasurer), Thomas Loveland (Sergeant at Arms), Stefan Peele (Reporter/Secretary), David Aasa (Historian), and Leah Cooper (Alternate). The competition was based on the escape from Alcatraz, where they had to create their own life raft and escape down a water filled gutter and whoevers ship traveled the furthest, and the fastest would win a prize.

STEM TSA Trip Project

Each member was given an assigned role, and had to work together to complete all assigned tasks before the one hour time limit ran out. Using knowledge we have in graphic modeling, game design, robotics, and even the analytical side of chess, we transferred it over to create a raft that carried our marbles (people). After the competition, the students went to separate breakout meetings with others in their assigned position. In those meetings, students participated in team building activities, and learned how to help their respective chapters with the position they’re in. After those meetings, they announced 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place for middle and high schoolers in the competition. Although the students did not win, we had a splendid day, and enjoyed the buffet meals before and after the event.

STEM Secretary Stefan Peele
STEM Sergeant-In-Arms Thomas Loveland
STEM Alternate Historian/Reporter
STEM Treasurer Rebekah-Anne Cox
STEM Vice President Dwuan Collier
STEM Historian David Asa
STEM President Giovanni Vera

View Comments (1)